Sunday, November 23, 2008

NaNo Day Twenty Three ~ It's Hopeless!

NaNo Stats: I haven't even hit 20K yet! [dismal & still counting]
.
A friend stopped by Friday to help me with a few things around here. BUT! In order for the place to look respectable for company, I spent most of Thursday running the vacuum in the bedroom [where she helped me change out the bedskirt], and the upper landing. I managed to dust a little and then I crashed on the couch--in pain--for the rest of the evening. Early Friday morning, I started the entire process over in the living room.
.
By the time she arrived late in the afternoon, I could barely move. She helped carry the 25# bag of bird seed and 21# bag of cat litter from the trunk of my car to their respective places inside. She also carried two tubs of yarn down from upstairs. I do my knitting when I'm in recovery mode. So, the better place to store it is in the closet under the stairs.
.
She sat and visited for awhile, and we talked for about our families and how things are at work. When she left, I loaded up on the pain meds, crawled under the down comforter and fell asleep on the couch. I woke once when my girls pawed for their dinner, but I returned as quick as possible to the comfort of sleep.
.
My entire body ached so bad Saturday, I physically felt ill. I tried to do a little work up here yesterday, but merely accomplished a blog post. I just couldn't sit here, much less stay focused. So, I gave in to another day of recovery.
.
I'm feeling better today, but I need to take a break after posting this. BUT! I'll be back up here for more NaNoing. I've not given up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do what you can each day, and keep going beyond Nano to finish. Finishing is more important than finishing by November 30.

Feel better soon.