Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NaNo Day Eighteen Word Count:

NaNo Stats: 17,027 words [@ approx. 8:35 p .m.]
.
With the exception of a few cumulus clouds, Southern Ohio finally has a relatively clear blue sky this morning. We haven't seen the Sun shine in a few days. And, though it was only 30 some degrees outside, I had the window open for a little while. I like to have fresh air circulating in through the windows, so when I can the windows are open. Through that opened window, a Chickadee sang. And rather loudly I must say. Had it been closed I might otherwise have missed its voice, and I truly love to hear their song.
.
We had a barely-discernable flurry of snow Sunday morning. But, we had a lake-effect dusting pretty much all day yesterday. There is something quite beautiful about the first snow of the season; a little like comfort food and the best of childhood memories. As an adult though, my favorite walks were when it snowed.
.
I did a little online research last week for a new chair, here at my desk, and am going to risk my already shaken budget and order it. It has a padded headrest [something I was looking for!], it swivels [that means I won't have to totally rearrange my workspace], and a 'detached' foot rest [that's what bugged me about the recliner idea]. Just not sure if I can handle next month or will wait until after the holidays. Not that I have any money for Christmas!
.
Okay, back to business. Yes, I’ve been somewhat MIA of late. The first week of NaNoWriMo took every bit of effort I had to stay in this seat, stay focused and concentrate. And, though I finished out the week ahead of my word count goal, I accomplished next to absolutely nothing else. It was writing, and then recovery mode. Fight fatigue, back to writing, stuck in recovery mode. A vicious circle to say the very least.
.
So, I took last week to get done what I could around the house—which was much less than I would like, because EVERYTHING requires recovery! Enough about that. I will take it all as a lesson learned and will concentrate next month on how best to set and achieve my future writing goals.
.
That said, I had a very good NaNo day, yesterday. Also my new Moist Heat Heating Pad came in last week and I put it to work. Though I didn't meet my 15K goal, neither did I to beat myself up over the matter. Reaching 50K now, at this late date, does indeed seem daunting. But, I hope to have another good day of writing and that means I need to get started.

No comments: