Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Which Way to Go

Writing Tip of the Day: Nov. 5, 2008
Every writing project competes in the marketplace.
It's important to know your competition.
.
I had a good look at my competition the other day [those two Mini Halloween finalists], and it didn't take long to know it's just not were I want Walks with the Moon. Not that I begrudge having found the idea at TWRP. Not at all. And I've no intention of changing my storyline. I like the characters and the way it's progressing.
.
But! I did a little research Tuesday and decided to switch my intended audience. It's more a matter of directing it toward Urban Fantasy, and knowing that's where it belongs; where I belong.
.
Now! Might I change my mind later? That's an excellent possibility. I am female of the species, and we do hold to the prerogative of mind changing. It seems to be part of our DNA. For now, though-- Walks with the Moon, is goin' Urban.
.


No comments: