Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So That's Why!

I opened up an email today and found the following link to a very funny video. I tried to embed it, but the only option available is to upload from my personal files. So, here is: Why the Printer Won't Work. Enjoy!
.
My long-haired tuxedo kitty, Sophie [who has since passed], used to sit in front of the printer and wait for the paper to come out. I dubbed her My Little Printer Guard. I still have a few hard copy sheets torn by her claws. I thought of her today, while I watched and laughed out loud at PerthPurplePenguin's cat.
.
There's a picture of Sophie, somemheres, guarding that printer. I'll have to dig it out and scan it in. Check back. I'll update this entry when I find it.
.
The photo to the right is Lucy and Pearl at the birding window, downstairs.
.
Now, Lucy [she'd the dark one, more chocolate than black] comes running every time I hit print. Where Sophie merely wanted to help the paper out, Lucy's interested in catching the cartridges as they ride back and forth. Pearl? [she's the one in the tuxedo] She could care less. The printer holds no interest for her whatsoever.
.
..The photo to the left is them up here in the studio. Pearl claimed the stash of fabric on the pending projects chair, and Lucy's back there lounging on top of an old typesetter's desk.
.
I should take this time to give them their due. They've been my saving graces these last couple of years. Were it not for them, I would have spent far too much time on the couch and stayed in a much darker place, emotionally. And, while answering a few workshop-related questions during Muse2008, I also know them as my stress relief. The simplest of antics make me laugh, and for that I am truly grateful.
.
They are as much my therapy as they are caregivers. Pearl keeps a watchful eye on me when I'm not feeling well. She can be quite attentive, and there's a true look of concern on her face. And Lucy always lets me know when it's time to take a break. She can also be quite the Shakespearean tragedy when it comes to her hunger pangs. Though she wants what she wants, when she wants it, her patience with me is commendable.
.
Needless to say, there will be something quite special [as much as I can afford] in their Santa stocking next week.
.
That's it for me today, I need to take a break from sitting up here. I need to get my legs up and I've knitting to finish for Christmas.
.
Blessings

No comments: