Friday, March 27, 2009

The Friday Five Favorites of March 27th

.
After several days of rain there is a beautiful sunrise filtering in through my studio office window. With the return of Spring, the sun [weather permitting], is now in perfect view.
.
Yesterday afternoon I peered through said window to find the first of the Clan Redwing females, had finally arrived at the feeders. Though they generally dine among the ground feeders, it was good to see her there. She holds her own amid the Grackles, Cowbirds, and Starlings.
.
As for today, they're all out there. Clan Sparrow and the Mourning Doves. My BetweenOnes-- the Cardinals. The Grackles, the Brown-headed Cowbirds [still males only], the Starlings, and the Redwings. I have the window up and my ears are filled with their chirps and squawks and whistles. There is also the sing-song from Clan Robin.
.
Since I’m trusting the day will come when I garner a more regular readership, this is my shameless ploy to reap that reward.
.
The plan is to publish that which relates to the craft of writing, like: my current favorite website finds; weblogs; or specific Blog Posts of the Week. They may also feature five favorite authors or tweeters, or the helpfullest of hints. Look for formidable quotes or excerpts; books and/or reviews. Links to online interviews or favorite letters of news. But! Since this is my blog, I may opt (on the occasionalist of times) to share five photos, or projects, or interests of mine.
.
That is somewhat the case with today’s introductory contribution. These are five of my favorite videos. Some were sent to me by friends, and some I found, happily, on my own. Why these? Because! What with all the bad news, bad weather, bad health, and the like, I thought I’d ration out a few heartwarming smiles.
.
So, at the risk of coming across like a segment on Ellen, here are this week’s five favorite videos.
.
OBLIGATORY WARNING: There may be a few heartfelt tears to be shed as well.

#1-- Cat Man Do?
.
It’s the paw tapping the face that resonated with me. My first cat used to do that when he wanted me to, Wake up! These days, Lucy will sit in front of me, but not directly in front of the monitor, and try to gather up my attention. While I’m still keying, she'll reach with her right front paw and tap tap, ever so lightly, on the left side [cheek] of my face. Her claws are lethal, and I don't feel a one.
.
#2--
A Wonderful Reunion
.
If you haven’t already seen it,
this article explains it best.

"But it may be something more: the indelible image of a creature that could kill a man in seconds behaving like a pussycat with two men it obviously loves, smack in the middle of the African bush."

I say we can make a lasting impression upon one another, cross-species, and goes toward proving we are indeed all related.

A related video & Wikipedia

#3-- What the ... ?
.
Well--- This one just speaks for itself. Let me know how many times YOU hit the Replay button!

#4-- Playing in the Sprinkler
.
Could this one make you feel any better? A happy accident, this one. I don't remember what I was looking for on YouTube when I found it, but whoever posted it initially could NOT have picked a better song. For me, it’s the sharing of worlds, and one person caring enough to share it with those who have no other way to experience such a moment. And I was truly grateful for such a find.
.
#5--
English Opera
.
I watched this on GMA, one morning, and ended up in tears. This shy and seemingly unassuming man, walked out on that stage and bravely showed the world exactly who he truly is. Dreams do indeed come true!

Have a wonderful weekend, Everyone!

Blessings,

No comments: