Thursday, October 9, 2008

The NaNoWriMo!


Because of all the pc troubles of 2007 I missed NaNoWriMo last year; due specifically to my monitor's decision (back in June) to give up its ghost. Only with the passage of time can I now say, fair enough! It had, after all, served me quite well. I cannot begrudge its passing. A time comes for all things. But! It's 2008 and I've a new monitor, not quite a year old, and I'm ready for this year's challenge. And, I'm not without a fair amount of storyline.
.
The most horrendous loss of 2007, what with all the techno woes earlier in the year, I lost all that I keyed of book one, Caged Heart ~ The Last Heartbound. So. That is my focus in November. Re-entering all that hand-typed Forbidden World Chronicles text into Word, and hopefully along the way, I'll remember all those new scenes I'd formulated throughout NaNo2006. There's a post somewhere below where I uploaded the book jacket I created that year.
.
During all those said woes I concede to being down; all physically, emotionally, and technologically speaking. But, I was most definitely not out. The Writing Exercise Board (WEB) posted a contest-- something about a thatched roof cottage, an old world garden gate, and time travel. Well, needless to say it missed the deadline. But! I drafted out a substantial amount of handwritten notes and viola? I had, Vortex. Another storyline I really like but tucked it away inside a folder because I'm a tad rather inexperienced as regards ancient Scottish history. Yes, that's where my character traveled back to, and where the present day lord of the manor (For Rent) disappeared. My remedy? There's a forum next week (for Muse2008) that I believe may help in quelling my fear.
.
Then there's plenty of writing yet to do for Walks with the Moon. Especially since I'd like to see a completed first draft before the end of 2008. So, as long as my ailing body holds out, I'm at no loss for achieving 50K words in 30 days. But before all of this, there's that mountain of handouts to get through for next week's conference.
.
All of this though, depends entirely on how my body holds out. And right now, I'm not long for this chair today. I need to take a break after spending all evening reading through and responding to message board threads in the Muse forums. It looks to be an exciting and wonderfully exhausting week. One that will more than likely have me on the couch in recovery mode the following week.
.
Oh! There's also the fact I'm late getting out my Fall update for Pearls of Wisdom. I've promised Calendar of Events updates and need to do that before the end of this week. They're coming people! I promise.
.
That's it for now.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The more I break up my writing sessions with yoga poses, the more focused I am when I get back -- and in much less pain!

Feel better soon.