Friday, January 9, 2009

The Sum of a Word



You see life as precious, and you wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of. Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to you.
.
While you can't stop war, you try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in your everyday life. You promote harmony and cooperation. You're always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway.
While visiting Chad's blog, I decided to find out just how those five little questions would sum me up. I couldn't get the code to work, so I had to finagle it into this post. If you're interested, surf or skitter on over to Blogthings, and discover your word.

My writing goals for January, as of yesterday, now have a new focus. Earlier this week, I posted a Slide presentation—in pseudo book format [which has since been pulled from this blog]—to solicit reader input. I gave thought, while brainstorming, to the possibility of reformatting it into a children’s picture book, A Day at the Marsh. I also contacted Lea Schizas, direct, for her perspective.

So, part of January will now be devoted to: pulling the text from the slide show presentation; drafting out an outline for a more fitting storyline; pull appropriate photos to include in the submission package; research the submission requirements; and whatever else I need to do to get A Day at the Marsh into proper format and hands of an loving editor.

I must admit, excited doesn’t begin to explain how I felt when I found new life and a hopeful purpose for some of all those photos I shot off that year, while studying a local marsh. Thank you, Lea. Your guidance was most appreciated.

There are also a few dozen quotes I need to pull together for Pearls of Wisdom’s Winter Update. Plus it deserves a new tagline. The current one is years old. I’m also collecting all the Think Green tips [from past updates], to include in an upcoming Quill of the Heart post. I thought it wise to get them all in one place. So, I’m off for now.

Blessings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is exciting! Good luck and have fun with it. It will be really interesting to watch the project evolve from the very beginning.