Friday, June 12, 2009

Giving In

No Friday Five Favorites today. Just a quick update.
.
I gave in this week. I determined to let my body take the sleep it cried out for and craved. I gave in to the exhaustion of FM. And instead of thinking of it as losing precious time, I looked at it as a period of restoration. [Thank you, Alethea!] Time will tell whether it makes the difference. I am sure of one thing though. One day it was Tuesday, and the next it seemed--- was Friday. No. It doesn't mean I slept straight through. But the week simply came and went; much too quick.
.
There's a local health food store that sets up weekly for B12 injections; $15 per shot. I've determined to go next week and give it a try. Can't hurt. Well, yes it will! (~: ANYway, if it helps me to feel less tired, it will be $15 well spent.
.
And as regards my pc monitor dilemma. That resource did not pan out. The power switch is "not fixable," and he didn't have any monitors to sell. So, I gave in today and started to do a little online window shopping. I'm going to take my time. But. My saving grace in all of this? Comparable 19", wide flat screen monitors are a good $100 less than what I paid just a year and half ago. Still-- it's a strain on my already fragile budget!
.
Remember my work on refurbishing my Saxony spinning wheel? Well, I finally got around to taking that polishing cloth to it today. I still need to purchase a maintenance kit. But what with needing a new monitor, the kit will have to wait. Besides, I still have the cord band drive and I can fudge a connector to the peddle. And wheel oil? I'll think of something.
.
Oh! And the basket behind the wheel is that rose gray alpaca roving I bought from Marathon Alpacas, on ebaY. I picked up another bag of loose black alpaca roving about two weeks back. So, I've got the fiber. I just need the wheel.
.
There's also the matter of finishing up work on rejuvenating the small drop spindle for spinning that silk hankie.
.
In the meantime, I need to finish reading Stella, by Colin Galbraith. More on that soon. [See the side bar for my Review Queue.] For now, have a look at the book trailer.




I looked and looked, last year for a battery recharger system, and couldn't find one to save my proverbial soul. BUT, after using up the last of the throw away variety, I renewed my search effort and found a Kodak Value Charger. My digital camera is now back in 'greener' business. So is my tape recorder, which I intend to use, to take notes, as I read the hardbound Every Heart Has Its Day, by Lynda Lukow. [Scroll down the page and you'll see I am one of the winners of her Sweet Treats contest. Thank you, Lynda!] I find hardcopy books great for those periods when I'm relegated to the couch; in Recovery Mode. And the tape recorder will also help cut down on the use of notebook paper. Oh! My Kingdom for a Laptop! (~:

Look for my Sunday morning gardening updates.

Blessings

1 comment:

Colin Galbraith said...

Thanks for posting the trailer :-)